Our administrative office at 2219 Lowes Drive in Clarksville , TN 37040. Contact us at 931-553-6981 to ask about the services we provide.
With 18 years as an EMDR therapist, I
have never had a case where EMDR did not work Efficacy is based on the therapist being faithful to the protocol and using the recommended selection criteria.
Clinical skills are not determined by the number of hours, but the therapist learning what to do from a quality EMDRIA Approved consultant who knows what to do.
EMDRIA Approved Consultation is provided for persons seeking both basic and advanced clinical skill development. As an EMDRIA Approved Provider and an EMDR Institute Regional Trainer, Dr. Hurley insures persons in consultation develop their clinical skills in accordance with the EMDR standard protocol. Ofter, with standard cases, EMDR therapy will spontaneiously resolve the client's presenting issues. In more complex traumatic cases the therapist needs to know what to do. Competency is know what to do before you need to do it! EMDR therapy always works if the therapist knows what to do.
Basic and advanced consultation is available in both individual and group phone formats using both phone and online Zoom technology.
EMDR Clinic - A 12 month, 2-hours per month online class
The clinic is designed to teach therapists the key points durin therapy which can determine the success or failure of the session. Learn what the options are at each treatment point to ensure the client's success. From the moment the client enters your office until the final terminal reevaluation is complete there are key points for therapits to know. Join Dr. Hurley once a month for two-hours reviewing his video tapes and your presenting your written or recorded sessions to develop your clinical skills.
COST: $50 per hour for two hour sessions = $100 each month for commitment of 12 months.
This course counts toward the "EMDR Military Specialist" certificate.
Let's state the obvious - reading a book or taking a class does not, in itself, make you a great therapist! Learning what to do with sound, seasoned consultation can!
Examples of Key Areas addressed:
- The initial visit(s) - learn the key points for identifying the clients motivation, establishing security in the
clinical relationship, and moving the client toward the treatment process.
- Assessment of client stability and enhancement of self-regulation as needed. Managing dissociative
exhibitions and suicidality in clients.
- Effective case conceptualization and treatment planning.
- Developing clinical judgment when to move from Phase 2 Preparation to Phases 3 and 4. Effective
treatment does not use unnecessary time in Preparation due to the therapist, but just enough to insure
the client can self-regulate, then move into reprocessing the disturbing memories identified in the
- How to address avoidance/resistence in the client while building motivation.
- Ensuring the target memory is effectively activated - what to do when it is not active.
- Clinical examples of what to do during processing and when processing stops. Addressing blocing beliefs
and when to use cognitive interweaves. Responding to dissociative exhibitions and numbness during
reprocessing. Close-up studies of cases during reprocessing.
- Recognize the positive memory network and how to enhance during phases 5, 6 and 7. How to effectively
manage unprocessed materials which may surface during these phases.
- Clinical skills for closing incomplete sessions with complex trauma. What do you need to accomplish?
Ensuring calmness and self-control in the client. Determine the needs of the client between sessions.